To date, hundreds of companies have participated in the Industry-University Cooperative Research Program. While the list of sponsors include some of the largest and most prominent companies in America, over half have been small businesses, many being promising young firms with fifty or fewer employees.
Sponsor have been eager to participate in the program for a variety of reasons. Some of the more prominent benefits shared by all sponsors are listed below.
Benefits to Sponsors:
- Immediate leveraging of R&D funds
- California and Federal Tax Credits
- Access to UCs world class faculty and research resources
- Access to UCs outstanding students
- Expansion of company R&D capacity through partnership with UC researchers
- Participation in research requiring multidisciplinary teams
- Intellectual Property rights
To view a list of sponsors for each Sector Program, please select a Sector Program from the menu on the left.